Why study MSc Finance at BU?
- Advance your financial knowledge with our progression course, suitable for individuals with a background in finance or a related discipline
- Benefit from a blended learning experience, with combined teaching elements of theory and practice
- Tailor your learning and study areas of interest by choosing from our range of option units, bringing you closer to your future career
- Undertake a significant piece of self-managed research in an area that interests you in relation to your course
- Study relevant and up-to-date developments in the financial industry including FinTech, Big Data, derivatives and risk management
- Enhance your employability with an optional 30-week placement overseas or in the UK, with Bournemouth being home to many large financial companies such as J.P.Morgan and Barclays.
- This course is delivered by the AACSB-accredited Business School, an accreditation attained by fewer than 6% of business schools worldwide. It recognises our focus on excellence in all areas.
Students will enter the Management Level with 11 exemptions towards the CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting (CIMA Adv Dip MA).
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
September 2023, January 2024, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne Campus (with additional activities on Talbot Campus)
September: 1 year full-time, 2 years with optional 30-week work placement. January: 16 months full-time, 2 years with optional 30-week work placement
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
Finance, Accounting, Economics or courses with elements of these subjects
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in a required subject or equivalent.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component. For more information check out our full entry requirements.