Why study MSc Finance at BU?
- Advance your financial knowledge with our progression course, suitable for individuals with a background in finance or a related discipline
- Benefit from a blended learning experience, with combined teaching elements of theory and practice
- Tailor your learning and study areas of interest by choosing from our range of option units, bringing you closer to your future career
- Undertake a significant piece of self-managed research in an area that interests you in relation to your course
- Study relevant and up-to-date developments in the financial industry including FinTech, Big Data, derivatives and risk management
- Enhance your employability with an optional 30-week placement overseas or in the UK, with Bournemouth being home to many large financial companies such as J.P.Morgan and Barclay.
This course is delivered by the AACSB-accredited Business School, an accreditation attained by fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide. It recognises our focus on excellence in all areas.
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
January 2022, September 2022, January 2023, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne Campus (with additional activities on Talbot Campus)
September: 1 year full-time. January: 16 months full-time, 2 years with optional 30-week work placement
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
Finance, Accounting, Economics or courses with elements of these subjects
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in a required subject or equivalent
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in writing and 5.5 in speaking, listening and reading. For more information check out our full entry requirements.