However you choose to travel, please think carefully about how much luggage you bring with you... are there things you can buy when you get here, will you be able to carry your luggage by yourself and are there any luggage restrictions with your plane/bus/train ticket? You can read more about what you need to bring with you on our what to bring webpage.
For international students seeking details about Covid-19 guidance, please visit our travelling to the UK webpage. You will also find additional information about your arrival on our international arrivals webpage.
Airport transfer service
BU is pleased to be able to offer an airport transfer service for international students arriving in the UK to start a course with us in January 2022.
You can request an airport transfer via our online booking form, but before you complete this form, you must have:
- booked your flight
- had your visa granted (if applicable)
- an address in Bournemouth where you will be living when you arrive
You must complete this booking request with all the required information AT LEAST 2 WEEKS BEFORE YOUR DATE OF TRAVEL. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to provide you with an airport transfer if your booking request is received less than 2 weeks in advance.
Unless you are required to quarantine, we can only provide airport transfers up to 31 January 2022. If you are arriving after this date you must organise your own transfer to the University.
Other important information:
- This service will operate from London airports (mainly Heathrow) to Bournemouth
- If you are travelling from (or through) a red list country and therefore need to quarantine in an airport hotel on arrival, we can arrange your airport transfer from your quarantine hotel on the day you complete your quarantine
- We are not able to collect you from (or take you to) other destinations in the UK
- This service is for Bournemouth University students and their dependants only. If you have family members (e.g. your parents) who are just accompanying you for the journey, they will need to make their own travel arrangements
- If your travel plans change, it is ESSENTIAL that you contact us as soon as possible to tell us so that we can amend your airport transfer booking.
We look forward to welcoming you to Bournemouth soon!
Airport coach travel
It’s possible to travel from the airport to Bournemouth by coach. The main coach operator in the UK is National Express. The timetables are currently quite limited and you should check carefully in order to book a direct coach if possible. If you choose to travel by National Express, you will find information on their website which explains the measures in place to help to keep you and other passengers safe.
It’s possible to travel by train from most airports to Bournemouth. When planning your journey, consider how many times you would need to change train, how much luggage you’ll have and how much it costs. It is often more expensive to travel by train than coach.
How to reach us from different UK airports
If you’ll be making your way to Bournemouth via an airport, the way you make your onward journey will, of course, depend on where you land. That’s why we’ve outlined some helpful tips below. Please note that journey times and prices are only approximate.