The Alumni of the Year Awards 2022 are now closed. The winners will be announced this summer.
Through the awards, we seek to share the inspirational stories of BU alumni who have gone on to make an impact in line with the university’s stated purpose to “Inspire Learning, Advance Knowledge and Enrich Society”.
Nominations for the awards can be made by BU staff, as well as by BU graduates who wish to nominate others. Find out more about the categories, read about our previous winners and make your nomination.
Inspiring Learning Award – designed to recognise alumni who use their knowledge and experiences to inspire others through education or professional development.
Advancing Knowledge Award – designed to recognise alumni who lead change in their industry or sector through creativity and innovation.
Enriching Society Award – designed to recognise alumni who make a positive impact on the challenges facing society.
International Alumni Award – new this year, designed to recognise and celebrate an outstanding member of our international graduate community.
- Bournemouth University staff and alumni can nominate members of our alumni community for an award.
- An individual can nominate any number of alumni.
- Nominations can be made in respect of BU alumni based in the UK or overseas, with the exception of our International Alumni Award category which is specifically for those who studied at BU as an International student.
- The aims of the competition and criteria are referenced on the web page and nomination form.
- We will seek to award one winner per category but reserve the right to choose more than one category winner.
- The 2022 competition opens on Monday 25 April and closes on Monday 30 May at 5pm.
- You must have the permission of the person you are nominating and ensure that they will be happy to feature in online publicity in the event they are chosen as a winner.
- By making a nomination, you give the university permission to use the content you have provided on our website, in social media and emails and in publicity and marketing materials.
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by the university. The decision of the panel is final and we will not enter into correspondence with regards to the decision of the panel.
- The winners, and those who nominated them, will be informed directly before any announcements are made. If in the event a winner does not wish to accept the award, or has opted out of any contact from the alumni office, the university reserves the right to choose and notify the next-placed runner up.
- There is no financial element to the award prize.
- The university reserves the right to cancel the competition or amend the rules at any time, without prior notice.
- By making a submission, you consent to the data you provide being used by the university for the purposes of administering the competition, and in line with BU’s data protection policy. The Alumni Relations Team will also record all nominations against the nominee’s records on the alumni database for future reference.
- The university accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, or for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures.