From 1 August, you will see the first signs of a new Box of Broadcasts (BoB) development. Once the upgrade is complete in September, BoB will have a fresh look, enhanced video quality and more powerful searching capabilities.
What you will notice immediately on 1 August is that the BoB website will require you to log in differently. Select Bournemouth University from the drop-down menu and then enter your normal BU username and password.
When you register for the new BoB, make sure you enter the email address that you previously used to access BoB, so that they can match up both your accounts later.
During August, while the upgrade is taking place, some of the archive content and a few other features won’t be available. Specifically, you won’t be able to access your saved clips and playlists.
By September all the archive content, saved clips and playlists will be fully restored, along with new features including:
- A platform working across desktop, iOS and Android devices
- Media records based on TRILT metadata, supporting more powerful searching capabilities
- Better programme coverage and a permanent archive of content from nine channels: BBC1 London / BBC2 / BBC4 / ITV London / Channel 4 / More4 / Channel 5 / BBC Radio 4 / BBC Radio 4 Extra
- Enhanced video quality
- Better thumbnail previews on search results
- Preview clips before saving
- Label your own clips
- Personalised email alerts when programmes are ready to view
- More detailed citation data.
If you need any further information, please contact the Library’s E-Resources Help team.