Do you have a fantastic piece of research that you’d like to develop into a public engagement event but need help or ideas? Or perhaps you have an existing event that you’d like to make more engaging or take to a new audience?
Naomi Kay, Public Engagement Officer, and Genna West, Engagement and Impact Facilitator, are on-hand to provide support for planning your event, writing the proposal or just to talk through any ideas you might have. They will be available at the drop-in sessions detailed below, so please do stop by!
In addition to these drop-in sessions, a dedicated training session will take place on Monday 31 October, focusing specifically on developing a public engagement event. The workshop will explore:
- How public engagement can provide an opportunity to share your research with the public
- Event design for public engagement events
- How to engage the audience you want to target
- How best to evaluate your events
- What makes a good Festival of Learning event, with examples of effective past events.
There will be dedicated time and support for individuals to create a new event to submit to the Festival of Learning. Find out more and book your place.
The deadline date for Festival of Learning 2017 event submissions is 4pm on Friday 2 December 2016.