If you cycle to BU please ensure that you use the cycle compounds on campus and that your bike is safely locked up. The safest way to keep your bike secure is to use a D-lock but you can also help to minimise the risk of bike theft:
- Always use a secure cycle compound on campus to park your bike
- Use a Gold Standard D lock or equivalent to secure your bike – these can be purchased from the SUBU shop at a subsidised cost of £10
- Be aware of anyone trying to tailgate you into a cycle compound and report any suspicious activity by calling 01202 962222
- Ensure the door to the cycle compound closes fully after you leave
- Don't leave your bike on campus overnight - they are only for daily use.
Find out more about the cycle facilities on campus, including the Bike Doctor service, and tips on how to look after your bike and stay safe on the roads.