Bournemouth University (BU) is a member of BCP Council’s new scheme that supports those looking to help in the local community.
Called Together We Can, the website is a useful resource for staff and students who are looking to lend a hand during the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you’re searching for volunteering opportunities, food bank requests or are a current member of a community group, please read more below.
If you or a friend/family member are looking for support, please read this information pack, call BCP Council’s community response helpline on 0300 1237052, or request help online.
How can I help?
If you’re interested in volunteering, the Together We Can website includes useful web links and information, including.
- Sign up to volunteer for the community response scheme
- Find paid care worker roles to support people in the community
- Download and share BCP Council’s advice for vulnerable people, which explains how to get help
Food bank information
Next time you do your grocery or food shop, please remember your local food banks. You can donate via the food bank donation boxes at your local supermarket. Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Food banks currently need:
- Tinned, jarred and dried food
- Hygiene and sanitary products
- See more in this handy food bank shopping list
You can also donate money to local food banks, including Bournemouth food bank, Hope for Food and Street Support. You can also donate to Christchurch and Poole food banks via Faithworks Wessex.
Want to volunteer at a local food bank? Sign up for the Together We Can community response scheme now to volunteer your time.
Visit the Together We Can website to keep updated on food bank needs.
Are you part of a community or volunteer group?
Volunteer and community groups are being set-up throughout Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
BCP Council is interested in linking with those people who need help and support the most.
If you have set up a community group please email [email protected] to help ensure your fellow residents, vulnerable neighbours and family have all the support they need. Please provide:
- Your group name
- A contact telephone number you would be happy to be publicised
- A contact email address you would be happy to be publicised
- A brief description on the support your group can offer e.g. shopping, prescription pick up, information and advice, outreach to vulnerable/elderly
- Specific locations across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole where your group can support
Keep up to date
The Council is continually issuing news and updates regarding the BCP area, including wider guidance from the Government, the NHS and Public Health Dorset. For BCP Council information and to register for their emails visit their website.
See Bournemouth University’s Coronavirus pages for daily university articles and updates.
Stay safe and thank you for your help and support.