From Monday 12 October 2020 there will be changes to the UNIBUS timetable affecting the U1, U3 and U4 services. You can find out more on the UNIBUS website.
Summary of changes:
U1 – will revert to a 15-minute frequency and will operate a vacation service route.
U2 – unchanged from current level of service.
U3 – will revert to a 60-minute frequency.
U4 – will not operate due to lack of demand. U4 passengers travelling from/to Westbourne are advised to use the m1/m2 morebus services and change with the U1 at Lansdowne if travelling to/from Talbot Campus. Passengers travelling from central Bournemouth to Talbot Campus are advised to use the morebus 17 service.
We remind UNIBUS passengers that:
- Annual pass holders can travel on all morebus Zone A services at no additional cost (excludes night bus services)
- 10 trip multi-ticket holders can use their multi-ticket on all morebus Zone A services.
Travelling safely by bus
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the university has been working with the UNIBUS service provider, Go South Coast, to provide safe travel on the service. Bus passengers should follow the guidance provided.
UNIBUS is undertaking appropriate measures to help passengers travel safely by bus.
All UNIBUS services currently have a reduced seating capacity in order to comply with government Covid-19 measures.
When waiting for a bus at the Talbot Campus bus hub, please respect others and help us all to stay safe by:
- Keeping your distance where possible
- Prepare for travelling by wearing face coverings when waiting
- Give priority boarding to people with accessibility needs
- Follow the instructions of bus company staff