We are now taking expressions of interest for 2023/24.
The BU Peer-Assisted Learning scheme provides cross-year support between students on the same course or programme. It encourages students to support each other and learn cooperatively under the guidance of students that have been through similar experiences.
Being a PAL Leader is a fantastic opportunity to share your valuable experiences, knowledge, and skills to first-year students in order to help them to adjust quickly in their transition to university life. This is a rewarding paid role that you can manage alongside your studies, while being fully supported.
This role will entail:
- Delivery of 1-hour long regular PAL sessions
- Full paid training to prepare you for the role
- Personal development - a chance to improve your public speaking, leadership, facilitation, interpersonal communication, and more!
- An opportunity to consolidate your learning from your first year
- A great experience to list on your CV, making you stand out to employers
- Networking opportunities
- Contribution to the Skills Development Programme
- Progression opportunities into other PAL roles
- Annual PAL Awards at the end of the year to celebrate your achievements
- A free BU PAL Leader hoodie!
- Support from the Central PAL Team to make the most out of this role
For full information and how to apply visit the PAL website.