Whether you need to register with a doctor, or you'd like some medical advice, check the services which are available to you.
The Medical Centre on Talbot Campus is open from Monday to Friday, 8.45am - 5pm, during term-time only. You will need to be registered with the Medical Centre to book an appointment, which you can do via the registration form on the website.
How to book an appointment
The quickest and most effective way to access services is via the Klinik online service via the website; where you can book or cancel appointments, contact us about new or existing health conditions, medication requests, vaccinations, and various other services. We will assess your needs and respond to you quickly by phone, text or email. You can also call us on 01202 965378, the phone lines can be very busy so you may need to wait.
Important: If you are an emergency patient, you will be seen as soon as possible. If you have an urgent issue, you will be seen on the same day, but you may be required to wait.
If you would prefer to register with a medical centre closer to your accommodation, you can find a full list of local GP surgeries on the NHS website.
Find support out of hours and outside term-time:
- Speak to a local pharmacy for minor illnesses
- Call Talbot Medical Centre in Wallisdown (63 Kinson Road, BH10 4BX) on 01202 636400 from 8am to 6:30pm
- Visit the Walk-In Health Centre in Boscombe - open on Saturdays and Sundays from 8am to 7:45pm
- If you need urgent medical help, call NHS 111
- For emergency contraception, please contact Sexual Health Dorset on 0300 303 1948
- If you need immediate medical help or attention, call 999 or 01202 962222 if you’re on campus.
Need a repeat prescription?
If you've already been issued a prescription for medication, you may be able to get a repeat prescription without seeing a GP. Call your GP or medical centre to find out more. If you're registered with the Medical Centre on Talbot Campus you can request repeat medication via the Klinik online service.
Important: If you have regular medication, please ensure that you bring at least one month's supply when you start university. You can order repeat medication once you are registered with us.