Please note: Our Student Medical Centre will reopen on Monday 14 September but appointments will be limited and you will need to call first on 01202 965378 between 8.45am-5pm. If you are a new patient please complete the registration form. In the meantime if you need to see a doctor you can:
- use the online eConsult service
- call Talbot Medical Centre in Wallisdown, 63 Kinson Road, BH10 4BX on 01202 636400
- speak to a local pharmacy
- call NHS 111
- if it is an emergency please call 999.
Important: if you have booked an appointment you will need to wear a face covering when you visit the Medical Centre (unless you are exempt).
Whatever your medical needs, the Student Medical Centre at BU offers a full range of medical services, health and advice. Based at Talbot House on Talbot Campus, it is open to all students and daily appointments are available.
Call: 01202 965378
Monday-Friday, 8.45am-5pm (term-time only).
If you're an emergency patient, you will be seen as soon as possible. Urgent cases will be seen on the same day, but you may be required to wait.
For life-threatening emergencies call 999 or 01202 222222 if you're on campus.
Book an appointment online
If you're having problems getting through on the phone you can book an appointment online, come into see us in person, or use the eConsult service where you can get online advice from a doctor. You can also call NHS 111 for urgent medical advice.
The Medical Centre now offers:
- all registered patients will have a named GP
- electronic prescribing is now available online
- you can also access your medical records summary online - please ask at reception for a secure user name and password.