Please note: Our Student Medical Centre is open between 8.45am and 5.00pm during term time.
If you need medical advice, please
- use the online eConsult service where you can get online advice from a doctor
- call the student medical centre on 01202 965378 – the line is often busy so please be patient
- Speak to a local pharmacy for minor illnesses
- Call NHS 111
- call Talbot Medical Centre in Wallisdown, 63 Kinson Road, BH10 4BX on 01202 636400
- if it is an emergency please call 999.
Important: if you have booked an appointment you will need to wear a face covering when you visit the Medical Centre (unless you are exempt).
If you are a new patient please complete the registration form.
Whatever your medical needs, the Student Medical Centre at BU offers a full range of medical services, health and advice. Based at Talbot House on Talbot Campus, it is open to all students.
Call: 01202 965378
Monday-Friday, 8.45am-5pm (term-time only).
If you're an emergency patient, you will be seen as soon as possible. Urgent cases will be seen on the same day, but you may be required to wait.
For life-threatening emergencies call 999 or 01202 962222 if you're on campus.
If you're having problems getting through on the phone you can use the eConsult service where you can get online advice from a doctor. You can also call NHS 111 for urgent medical advice.
The Medical Centre now offers:
- all registered patients will have a named GP
- electronic prescriptions are now available and you can choose where to collect your prescription from
- you can also access your medical records summary online - please ask at reception for a secure user name and password.