Find the right support
The Medical Centre will be open from Monday 18 September. Opening hours are Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 5pm, during term-time. Please select the right option to find out more:
Register with the Medical Centre
We can only see you if are a registered patient. To register, you will need to:
- Complete our registration form online. If you'd prefer, you can collect a copy of these from the Medical Centre Reception
- You’ll also need to provide a letter confirming that you're a BU student; you can self-print a standard status letter to confirm this via myHub, under ‘My Documents’. Bring this letter to the Medical Centre, along with your BU student ID card
- Please register as soon as possible that we can obtain your medical notes from your previous doctor's surgery, including details of any medications you take.
Important: If you take regular medication, please ensure that you bring at least one month's supply when you start BU. You can order repeat prescriptions once you are registered with us.
Contact us online
- The quickest and most effective way to access our services is via our Klinik online service
You will be able to contact us about new or existing health conditions, medication requests, vaccinations, and various other services including cancelling an appointment. We will assess your needs and respond to you quickly by phone, text or email.
- You can still visit us on site at Talbot House or call on 01202 965378.
Find support out of hours and outside term-time:
- Speak to a local pharmacy for minor illnesses
- Call Talbot Medical Centre in Wallisdown (63 Kinson Road, BH10 4BX) on 01202 636400, from 8am to 6:30pm
- Visit the Walk-In Health Centre in Boscombe, open on Saturdays and Sundays, from 8am to 7:45pm