Find the right support
The Medical Centre is open from Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 5pm, during term-time. Please select the right option to find out more:
- Register with the centre
- Book an appointment
- Find support out of hours and outside term-time
- Additional patient information
Important: You will need to wear a face covering when you visit the Medical Centre (unless you are exempt). If you are an emergency patient, you will be seen as soon as possible. If you have an urgent issue, you will be seen on the same day, but you may be required to wait. Please do not attend if you have any Covid-19 symptoms.
Register with the Medical Centre
We can only see you if are a registered patient. To register, you will need to:
- Complete our registration form and our new patient questionnaire (pdf 31kb). If you'd prefer, you can collect a copy of these from the Medical Centre Reception
- You’ll also need to provide a letter confirming that you're a BU student; you can self-print a standard status letter to confirm this via myHub, under ‘My Documents’. Bring this letter to the Medical Centre, along with your BU student ID card
- Please register as soon as possible that we can obtain your medical notes from your previous doctor's surgery, including details of any medications you take.
Important: If you take regular medication, please ensure that you bring at least one month's supply when you start BU. You can order repeat prescriptions once you are registered with us.
Complete our registration form Complete our new patient questionnaire (pdf 31kb)
Booking an appointment
- You can book appointments by calling us on 01202 965378 or using SystmOnline. If you are not already registered to use SystmOnline, please call us to get your login details. SystmOnline is available 24/7 for you to view, book up to four weeks in advance and cancel appointments, request repeat medication and change your contact details
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible. These appointments can be offered to another patient who may need urgent medical treatment
- If we need to see you face-to-face, this will be arranged. At certain times of the year, we can be very busy and it may be difficult to get through to us on the phone. We do have a queueing system so you may need to wait, but we will get to you as soon as possible.
Find support out of hours and outside term-time:
- Speak to a local pharmacy for minor illnesses
- Call Talbot Medical Centre in Wallisdown (63 Kinson Road, BH10 4BX) on 01202 636400, from 8am to 6:30pm
- Visit the Walk-In Health Centre in Boscombe, open on Saturdays and Sundays, from 8am to 7:45pm
- If you need urgent medical help, call NHS 111
- For emergency contraception, please contact Sexual Health Dorset on 0300 303 1948
- If you need immediate medical help or attention, call 999 or 01202 962222 if you’re on campus.