The Student Medical Centre offers a variety of services that can help you with health-related issues, including;
- General medical care
- Routine and emergency contraception (see below)
- Immunisations - inc. MMR & meningitis
- Asthma clinic
- Diabetic checks
- Cervical screening within the national programme
- Sport medicals & treatment of sports injuries
- Travel advice
- Removal of sutures
- First aid/dressings
- BUNAC medicals.
The following services are offered by the Talbot Medical Centre:
- Yellow Fever vaccinations
- Minor surgery
- COPD clinic
- Blood tests.
Continuity of care
If you have an ongoing problem, it is advisable to book to see the same doctor for review (unless there is an emergency). In this way, you can work as a team with the doctor and formulate a plan for your management. The reception staff will not automatically know whom you saw, so we rely on your help with the continuity of your care.
For details on local hospitals please check our urgent medical support page.