Need medical help now?
- Book an emergency appointment with your GP surgery. The Medical Centre on Talbot Campus is open during term-time, Monday to Friday, 8:45am-5pm
- For emergency contraception contact the Sexual Health Dorset clinic: 0300 303 1948
- If you need urgent medical help call NHS 111
- If you need immediate medical help call 999 or 01202 962222 if you're on campus
- The nearest hospital is the Royal Bournemouth Hospital approximately 8 minutes from Lansdowne Campus and 13 minutes from Talbot Campus by car. It has a 24-hour A&E department.
If you need non-urgent medical advice:
- Visit the out of hours service at the Boscombe & Springbourne walk-in health centre, on Saturdays and Sundays, from 8am-7:45pm
- Call Talbot Medical Centre in Wallisdown (63 Kinson Road, BH10 4BX) on 01202 636400, from 8am-6:30pm
- View the NHS Health A-Z guide; a complete guide to conditions, symptoms and treatments, including what to do and when to get help
Need to talk to someone?
Connection: a 24/7 NHS helpline for non-emergency mental health issues. Freephone: 0800 652 0190
- On Talbot Campus, the University Retreat provides a safe space if you feel that you are struggling to cope and need help. You don't need an appointment; just pop in and talk to one of our friendly team, it's open from Monday to Saturday, 2pm - 9pm.
Prefer support online or via text?
- Visit our Student Assistance Programme webpage. Speak to an adviser or counsellor 24/7 for mental health guidance and support. Alternatively download the My Health Advantage app to live chat or email an adviser
- For mental health support via text message, text 'STUDENT' to 85258
- Visit the Student Space website. It's led by Student Minds, the UK's student mental health charity