Are you ready to make a real impact at Bournemouth University? We're inviting you to attend our important upcoming student summit. This is an opportunity for UK undergraduate students to directly influence how we tackle access and participation and ensure student success at BU.
Access and Participation refers to the initiatives and policies aimed at ensuring equal educational opportunities for all students, particularly focusing on supporting and increasing the enrolment and success of those from underrepresented or disadvantaged backgrounds. It's about creating a diverse, inclusive environment where every student has the chance to succeed, regardless of their background.
The summit will take place on Tuesday 20 February between 12:30pm and 4pm in F307, Fusion Building. Spaces are limited so make sure to sign up as soon as possible by completing our online form. Our goal is to ensure diverse representation, so we’ll ask a few questions to understand your background. Selected participants will be notified from Friday 9 February 2024.
Why Your Participation Matters?
- Your insights will directly feed into our strategies, helping us create a university experience that is more inclusive, accessible, and tailored to student needs
- This is your platform to speak up about what access and participation means to you. Every opinion counts in shaping a more equitable university environment
- By participating, you're not just contributing ideas; you're actively taking part in a movement for positive change at our university.
What's in It for You?
- Meet like-minded peers, engage in stimulating discussions, and expand your network
- Enhance your teamwork, communication, and critical thinking skills in a real-world context
- You will receive compensation for your participation in the form of vouchers. The value of these vouchers will vary between £12 and £36, depending on whether you are able to attend the entire session.
This is just one of the ways you can feedback during your time at BU. Explore other ways you can share feedback during your degree on the BU website.