We’re pleased to announce that over the summer we are running Campus Tours of our Talbot Campus and the Bournemouth Gateway Building on Lansdowne Campus for those interested in studying with us in September 2021, including Clearing applicants.
Our tours have been crafted to enable you and a guest to safely visit our campuses in person. You’ll have the opportunity to get to know the space you’ll be studying in and the many other great facilities available.
Please note: We may not be able to show you all campus spaces due to teaching taking place.
Looking to join us in September 2022? You can now book on to one of our Autumn Open Days. These events are tailored to those applying for 2022 entry.
What to expect
- The tour will be a walking tour and will take approximately 45 minutes. You will be given a guided tour by a BU Student Ambassador who will show you around the university, including inside buildings
- You will have the opportunity to visit a typical student flat in one of our Halls of Residence on our Lansdowne Campus.
- You will be able to visit our information point to ask any questions you have on accommodation, fees and funding, additional learning support and much more
- If you are interested in our courses delivered by the Department of Media Production, you will also have the opportunity to see our industry-standard facilities in the Poole Gateway Building.
Important safety information for your visit
- You may bring one guest with you. For your safety, and the safety of our staff and students, our Campus Tours have a maximum group size of twelve.
- There are health and safety measures in place across our campuses and facilities, including hand sanitising stations, signage and the NHS track and trace app.
- We expect and recommend that all visitors comply with COVID-19 government guidance, including wearing a face mask throughout the tour and we encourage you to maintain social distancing.
- If you have symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19 (within the last two weeks of your tour), you will not be able to attend our Campus Tours. Where possible, visitors should take a lateral flow test 48 hours before visiting BU, ensuring the result is negative. Details of home testing are here. We will reserve the right to ask for evidence of the negative test outcome.
We can't wait to show you why it's not just the seven-mile stretch of award-winning sandy beaches that makes Bournemouth such a great place to study.