Placement Development Advisers (PDAs)
Our team of Placement Development Advisers (PDAs) are dedicated to supporting your learning while on placement, and will work with you, your employer and your direct line management to help you get the most out of your placement experience. Your PDA will be your main contact while you’re on placement, and will usually visit you while you’re at work to make sure your placement is going well, answer any questions, try to resolve any problems and provide pastoral care as required. Their contact details can be found on MyCareerHub - use your usual BU login to access them.
Your faculty Placement Coordinators are also there to support you - you should already know who your Placement Coordinator is and have contact details for them but if you don’t, then please log in to MyCareerHub, using your BU login for their details if you need them.
Who to contact if there is an emergency or major incident in the location of your placement
1. Contact your next of kin
2. Contact BU to confirm that you are ok: +44 (0) 1202 962222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep in mind that while BU has a duty of care to you, ultimately we are not liable for your safety so please use your common sense in keeping safe at all times.
Other useful contact information
- BU 24 hour emergency contact number: +44 (0) 1202 962222 or email email@example.com
- UK Government: Worldwide British Embassy List
- UK Government: Foreign Travel Information
- BU Student Wellbeing: +44 (0) 1202 965020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Student Wellbeing webpages
- SUBU Advice Centre: +44 (0) 1202 965779, email email@example.com or visit the SUBU Advice website
- Samaritans for confidential support: email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Samaritans website.
Other useful contacts
- AskBU: +44 (0) 1202 969696
- IT Services: +44 (0) 1202 965515
For more information and additional resources, please check the BU Health and Wellbeing pages.