During your placement year you'll still have access to BU facilities and support services, which is why you'll need to pay a reduced tuition fee for that year. The information below outlines what the tuition fee costs as well as why and how you need to pay it.
You'll also find useful financial information about optional placements e.g. a placement year you choose to take that isn't already part of your course.
If you have any questions about student finance, contact AskBU.
Why do I need to pay fees?
You are still a registered BU student while on placement, which give you continued access to the following:
- Your student loan and financial support (including maintenance grant) from SFE
- Academic support for any on-going assessment and for dissertation planning for when you return to study
- Placement visits and support and any mid placement options seminar activity
- Library facilities including all online databases and resources and reciprocal arrangements with other HEIs where they apply
- Online careers resources through MyCareerHub
- IT support through the online helpdesk
- Personal support through AskBU, Student Wellbeing and Faith & Reflection (by phone as well as in person)
- Careers and employability advice and guidance
- Financial advice and support from the student financial support team
- Immigration and visa support
- Disability support
- University sports and music facilities, including on-going membership of any clubs and societies
- Access to all SUBU facilities including their clubs and societies and support from SUBU Advice
- Eligibility for an Totum (formerly NUS Extra) card offering student discounts (on payment of the appropriate fee to NUS).
Your placement fees contribute to providing these services for you to make sure that you have the support you need to get the best experience from your placement. No additional money is gained by the university through this fee structure.
How much is the placement fee?
The fee for all UK/EU/CI/IOM and non-EU students is determined by the year that you are on your placement.
|Placement year||Undergraduate fee||Postgraduate fee|
Most UK/EU undergraduate students are also entitled to apply for a tuition fee loan for their placement year. Channel Island and Isle of Man students should contact their island education authority.
If you are an applicant considering studying at BU, you will find placement fees alongside information about your course.
For more information please visit the All you need to know about placements page.
How will it be collected?
You will be invited by letter to re-register and pay your placement fee from the middle of August. If you are a UK/EU student you may pay online (by Debit or Credit Card), by cash or cheque or by selecting ‘Tuition Fee Loan’ payment option, but if selecting this option you must re-apply for a tuition fee loan via the Student Loans Company or online via Student Finance England. We suggest that you apply as early as possible for the tuition fee loan. You can choose to pay this in instalments or in full.
If you’ve told us you’d like to take an optional 30 week placement, please read and download the 4K Placements Policy and Procedure in the placements section on our Important Information webpages for more information about timescales and deadlines.