Join us on Saturday 30 September for a day full of useful information, workshops and the opportunity to meet staff and lots of other new international students. By the end of the day, you'll have a better understanding of the support available to you as an international student at BU and you'll have gained lots of tips to help you settle in to your new life in the UK.
The day will be a mix of lectures and interactive workshops with an information fair during the lunch break. Refreshments and lunch will be provided and there is a drinks reception at the end of the day. Regretfully, we cannot allow children on site during the day.
The morning will include:
- an essential introduction to UK Higher Education and the academic system here
- a summary of support services available to you at BU
- practical information about life in Bournemouth
- a welcome from the local police team (including information about personal safety and common UK laws)
You will also be able to choose three of the following workshops/activities:
- Careers support/finding a part-time job
- Saving money and cooking on a budget
- Culture shock and British culture
- Information for students who have children in the UK
- Accommodation: tips for searching for accommodation in the local area
- Campus tour
Don’t forget to book your ticket online in advance.
For further information about this event please contact [email protected]