Why study BA (Hons) Archaeology at BU?
- Take the degree as a BA or BSc according to whether you prefer an arts-based or scientific route. Everyone studies the same first year, so it’s easy to transfer from one to the other
- Become a highly skilled practitioner experienced in all forms of landscape survey, remote sensing, excavation and recording
- Learn through expert-led lectures, seminars and an exciting range of relevant fieldwork opportunities all over the UK
- Undertake a five-week or optional 30-week work placement, you may get to take part in excavations organised by our active team of archaeologists
- Attend BU’s Field School, a large-scale real site excavation where students have discovered significant finds that have changed the way we view the past
- The course received a 90% satisfaction rating from our final year students
This course is among the first to receive joint accreditation from the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (CIfA), the leading professional body representing archaeologists working in the UK and overseas, and the University Archaeology UK group (UAUK). Choosing an accredited degree is widely recognised as the first step on a career path leading to professional status.
See our fieldwork, facilities and placements in the videos below
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 5-week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement
Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (CIfA), working in partnership with University Archaeology UK
All subjects considered
For September 2024 entry: 104-120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.