Why study BA (Hons) Archaeology and Anthropology?
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the diversity and richness of contemporary and past human societies across the globe
- Alongside specialist units you’ll get a comprehensive grounding in the practical elements of archaeology and anthropology through working in cutting-edge labs and out in the field
- Specialise in social or biological, anthropology or archaeology, or if you’d like to take a broader focus, you can continue to study elements of all these disciplines
- Undertake a five or 30- week work placement at home or abroad. It’s a great way to cultivate the experience and contacts you’ll need to secure work after you graduate
- Take part in BU’s renowned field school to gain a wide range of practical skills.
For September 2022 entry: In order to take advantage of new approaches to learning and teaching, as well as developments in industry to benefit our students we regularly review all of our courses. This course is currently going through this process and we will update this page in June 2022 to give you full information about what we will be offering once the review process has concluded.
This course is among the first to receive joint accreditation from the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (CIfA), the leading professional body representing archaeologists working in the UK and overseas, and the University Archaeology UK group (UAUK). Choosing an accredited degree is widely recognised as the first step on a career path leading to professional status.
See our fieldwork, facilities and placements in the videos below
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 5-week placement, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement
Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (CIfA), working in partnership with University Archaeology UK
All subjects considered
For September 2022 entry: 104-120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.