Why study BA (Hons) Finance at BU?
- Gain a comprehensive overview of the sector in your first year, with the flexibility to transfer to a different specialism within accounting and finance at the end of your first year
- Meet industry-leading practitioners and professionals through guest lectures, seminars and assessment activities
- Opportunities to study abroad at one of our international partner institutions
- Gain industry experience and enhance your employability by undertaking an optional 30-week placement which can be completed anywhere in the world.
- Follow in the footsteps of successful alumni working for companies such as Barclays Bank Plc, Deloitte and Deutsche Bank
- 90% of our graduates are either working or studying fifteen months after graduating.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the business and management skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
The accreditation bodies on our BA (Hons) Finance course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which is reflected in the BU Business School Experience:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation is a hallmark of excellence that has been awarded to fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) accreditation offers some exemptions from exams required to become a Chartered Accountant.
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week work placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time or 5 years full-time with a 30-week minimum placement
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
All subjects considered