Why study BA (Hons) History at BU?
- As well as studying history in the traditional sense, you will be using newspapers, on-line sites, sound recordings, television and film as a way of exploring a broad range of topics
- In addition to traditional essays and exams, you'll be assessed through exhibitions, posters, websites, podcasts, blogs and even a mock peace conference
- Engage with public history working with a range of outside agencies including museums, archives and heritage organisations
- Develop a proposal for a public history event, working with organisations such as Bournemouth Blind Society, BCP council, National Motor Museum and the Museum of East Dorset
- Gain valuable experience during a four week or optional 30-week placement. Work with organisations such as Dorset History Centre, Huntley Film Archives, Highcliffe Castle, RNLI and ABA Antiques
- This course received an impressive 94% satisfaction rating from our final year students
- Ranked 15th Nationally for History in the Guardian University Guide 2022.
Interested in studying this course part-time? Enquire now.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree.
Where could a History degree take you?
Our BA (Hons) History degree aims to develop critically informed, skilled, enterprising and resourceful graduates who can enter a range of career paths including teachers, heritage workers, archivists and researchers alongside a variety of other professions from banking and PR work to journalism and the Civil Service.
Take a glimpse at life on Talbot Campus
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time with a 4-week placement, or 4 years full-time with a 30-week placement. Foundation Year: 4 years full-time with a 4-week placement, or 5 years full-time with a 30-week placement
All subjects considered
For September 2022 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation Year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.