Why study BSc (Hons) Economics at BU?
- Learn from expert specialist lecturers, and professors in the Business School, who actively lead research that is applied and discussed in lectures
- Gain critical industry-relevant skills and competencies, such as statistics, econometrics, and applied research, to enhance your employability in public and private organisations
- Grow your professional network and increase your employability by undertaking an optional 30-week placement with our partners in Accounting, Finance & Economics businesses
- Take opportunities to study abroad at one of our international partner institutions
- Study Economics at BU and venture into one of the most well-paid professions, second only to medicine (source IFS-BBC)
- Our graduates work as economic and financial or data analysts, accountants, and executives for companies such as Adidas UK Ltd, Apple, BMW Financial Services and British Airways - and 89% of our graduates are in employment or further study 15 months after graduation.
Interested in studying the Bachelor’s degree course part-time? Enquire now.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the general business and management skills required for Economics, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree.
The accrediting body on our BSc (Hons) Economics course is renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which are reflected in the BU Business School experience:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation is a hallmark of excellence that has been awarded to fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time, or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week work placement. Foundation Year: 4 years full-time, or 5 years full-time with a minimum 30-week work placement
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
All subjects considered
For September 2022 and September 2023 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation Year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.