This is an exciting new course that is currently being developed. Please register your interest and we will email you when the course is open for applications.
Why study BSc (Hons) Educational Psychology at BU?
- Develop a well-founded knowledge and critical understanding of the mind and behaviour through learning about all areas of Psychology with an Educational Psychology focus
- Develop key transferable skills including critical thinking, project management, presentation skills and professional practice
- Opportunity to take an optional summer 4-week or year-long 30-week placement in industry to give you essential real-world experience and develop a network of professional contacts
- Work with world-leading researchers on projects through the Research Apprenticeship Scheme – a number of our students have published work with members of the staff in the Department of Psychology
- Benefit from the Psychology Department’s collaborations with the educational system, the mental health sector, the criminal justice system, industrial partners and local communities and charitable trusts
- Participate in practical activities, interactive assessments, coursework, and research using state-of-the-art facilities.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills required for Psychology, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree. If you apply to study the full degree and do not meet the academic entry requirements, our admissions team may consider your application for the Foundation Year and notify you accordingly.
This course is seeking accreditation by the British Psychological Society.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2024, September 2025 - subject to validation
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years with an optional 4-week placement, or 4 years with a minimum 30-week placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time with a 4-week placement or 5 years with a 30-week minimum placement.
Seeking British Psychological Society accreditation
All subjects considered
For September 2024 entry: TBC - UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.