Why study MA Producing Film & Television at BU?
- Learn about the roles and responsibilities of a producer and how they differ from those of other disciplines such as directing
- Enhance communication skills required by a producer to obtain funding and inspire effective collaboration between creative departments on a production
- Learn how to make a project both culturally significant and industry relevant
- Work in a production office environment designed to mirror industry practice
- Take advantage of opportunities with RedBalloon, an award-winning professional production unit based in the Faculty of Media and Communication
- Apply for a BAFTA scholarship programme for a chance to receive financial support towards your studies, mentoring support from a BAFTA member and access to BAFTA events
Graduate with an accredited degree
Graduate from an International Moving Image Society (IMIS) accredited degree, awarded to practice-based courses that best prepare students for a career in the industry.
Within the Department of Media Production, we have close ties with various industry professionals and organisations, ensuring our courses are always up to date and teach you the most relevant skills and techniques. Find out more.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
January 2023, September 2023, January 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time (September start). 20 months part-time (January start)
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in writing, speaking, listening and reading. For more information check out our full entry requirements.