Why study MA Sound Design for Screen at BU?
- Work with students across a range of disciplines including collaborating computer-generated material through BU's National Centre for Computer Animation or via other creative ventures
- Use specialist facilities, including post-production sound suites, track-lay and stereo mixing, a Foley/ADR studio, an AVID S6 equipped 7.1 dubbing theatre and Dolby ATMOS mixing theatre
- This course has greater relevance and credibility in industry as part of the AVID Learning Partnership. We offer the chance to take the Pro Tools 101 exam as part of the programme
- Take advantage of opportunities with RedBalloon, an award-winning professional production unit based in the Faculty of Media and Communication
- The course is one of the few sound design programmes recognised by BAFTA UK as an eligible course for the BAFTA UK Scholarship Programme.
For September 2022 entry: in order to take advantage of new approaches to learning and teaching, as well as developments in industry to benefit our students we regularly review all of our courses. This course is currently going through this process and we will update this page in April 2022 to give you full information about what we will be offering once the review process has concluded.
Graduate with an accredited degree
Graduate from an International Moving Image Society (IMIS) accredited degree, awarded to practice-based courses that best prepare students for a career in the industry.
See what its like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time
The International Moving Image Society (IMIS)
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in all other components, or above. For more information check out our full entry requirements.