Why study MA Scriptwriting at BU?
- Develop your ideas from concept to industry-standard final draft, develop your own voice, learn how to critique others work and make industry contacts to pitch for employment
- See your scripts come to life and contribute to others’ productions by working collaboratively with students across the framework
- This intense course allows you the opportunity to work both in teams in addition to producing individual writing pieces
- Become a writer with a distinctive authorial voice with an industry-standard portfolio, writing in a range of formats and genres and a robust attitude to collaboration and development
- All of our teaching staff have worked on award winning Film, Television and multiplatform projects and you will also benefit from regular industry guest speakers and alumni.
Graduate with an accredited degree
Graduate from an International Moving Image Society (IMIS) accredited degree, awarded to practice-based courses that best prepare students for a career in the industry.
Within the Department of Media Production, we have close ties with various industry professionals and organisations, ensuring our courses are always up to date and teach you the most relevant skills and techniques. Find out more.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2022, January 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time (September start). 20 months part-time (January start)
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in writing, speaking, listening and reading. For more information check out our full entry requirements.