Skilful editing is at the core of successful film and television production. This course provides practical and theoretical opportunities for you to develop your narrative, technical and collaborative skills as an editor.
You will receive industry-standard training in state-of-the-art facilities allowing you to turn your ideas into reality.
- Our Learning Partnership with AVID ensures graduates of this course carry even greater relevance and credibility when it comes to finding employment, including the option of gaining AVID Certified User status.
- You'll be based in your own base room with dedicated edit suites, including extensive network support, you’ll have cutting-edge technology at your fingertips and build real-world skills through mirroring industry practice.
- The course includes a programme of visiting speakers from across the post-production, film and broadcasting industries.
- Benefit from our alumni mentoring scheme where you can receive advice and guidance from an ex-student who is currently working in the industry.
- The course team have professional experience in film and broadcasting as editors, directors and producers. Between them, they have worked for a wide range of major UK and international broadcasters and in independent film across a wide range of genres.
- Graduate with a production portfolio, developing your ideas beyond industry expectations, and produce evidence of your editorial approach, which will be your calling card for the industry.
- Take advantage of opportunities with RedBalloon, an award-winning professional production unit based in the Faculty of Media and Communication.
- Graduate from an International Moving Image Society (IMIS) accredited degree, awarded to practice-based courses that best prepare students for a career in the industry.
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time
The International Moving Image Society (IMIS)
All subjects considered
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component. For more information check out our full entry requirements.