Why study MA Cinematography for Film & Television at BU?
- Study specialist production units, providing you with an environment to develop creative, technical, digital camera and lighting, narrative storytelling, and collaborative skills
- Become actively involved in BU research or use your expertise to suggest new avenues for us to explore
- Through collaborative and individual production you’ll build a strong and distinctive showreel, which you will use as your calling card to the industry
- Take advantage of opportunities with RedBalloon, an award-winning professional production unit based in the Faculty of Media and Communication
- Benefit from regular guest lectures from industry professionals
Graduate with an accredited degree
Graduate from an International Moving Image Society (IMIS) accredited degree, awarded to practice-based courses that best prepare students for a career in the industry.
Benefit also from our ARRI Film School Accreditation and have the opportunity to receive a certificate to demonstrate participation in and graduation from the ARRI Certified Training for Camera Systems alongside your Masters degree.
Within the Department of Media Production, we have close ties with various industry professionals and organisations, ensuring our courses are always up to date and teach you the most relevant skills and techniques. Find out more.
Take a glimpse at life on Talbot Campus
Next start date:
September 2023, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time
International Moving Image Society (IMIS)
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in writing, speaking, listening and reading. For more information check out our full entry requirements.