Why study MA Film and Television at BU?
- Deploy your creative skills to address inequalities and injustices, in both the media industries and the wider world
- Work alongside internationally recognised experts in documentary, horror, science fiction, crime and espionage filmmaking
- Interrogate the cultural significance of screen-based media using hands-on, practice-based research techniques
- Investigate how film and television are constructed, how their industries operate, how they have developed over time, and how they continue to evolve and converge
- Develop advanced research skills, to build a CV for a career in the media industries or academia
- Work with producing, directing, scriptwriting, cinematography, sound and editing students to develop your intellectual and creative skills, and to foster a network of collaborators.
This course equips you with the critical, creative, and intellectual skills to change the media industries for the better, through a deep, hands-on understanding of their histories, cultures, and practices.
You'll have the opportunity to complete your Master's project in collaboration with students from across the suite of Media Production postgraduate degrees. Gaining experience as a larger team allows you to develop skills that will prepare you for industry practice.
Explore our facilities
Next start date:
September 2023, January 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
1 year full-time (September start). 20 months part-time (January start)
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in writing, speaking, listening and reading. For more information check out our full entry requirements.