Our service is limited but we are available - you can contact us on 01202 965663 and firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday to Friday, between 9am – 4pm. Closed from 12pm on Wednesdays. The latest information from BU can be found in our Coronavirus FAQs.
The Additional Learning Support Team (ALS) is available to all BU students throughout their time at the university.
If you are likely to need support please make contact with ALS as soon as possible as reasonable adjustments and one-to-one support are tailored to individual needs. The variety of support you may be entitled to will vary depending on many factors. Read our FAQs for more information or contact the team direct:
We support students who have:
- Sensory/physical disabilities
- Specific learning differences (SpLDs)
- Medical conditions
- Mental health difficulties
- Temporary injuries.
Among the support we offer is:
- Information, advice and guidance for disability-related concerns
- Arranging screenings and Educational Psychology Assessments for dyslexia, dyspraxia and ADD
- Enabling students to learn specific skills and strategies that will enhance academic study
- Helping students develop employability skills needed during placements and beyond graduation
- Assisting with applications for Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSA)
- Providing support to enable independent learning through one-to-ones or workshops
- Exam access arrangements
- Advising the faculties on reasonable adjustments that could be arranged so that disabled students are not disadvantaged.
However, we cannot:
- Give information about individual degree courses
- Send out exam timetables
- Deal with course funding
- Provide personal care
- Order DSA equipment
- Provide subject specific support
- Proofread work - but we can teach proofreading strategies.