If you successfully complete your Pathway or Pre Sessional English programme after 9 August 2018, this is how you can book BU accommodation for September 2018:
- Once your BU offer is firm you will be emailed your login details within a week.
- Complete stage 1 (register your interest in accommodation as soon as possible on the Accommodation portal.
- If you don’t receive the Stage 1 email by return, please contact the Accommodation office.
- In the Stage 1 email you will be sent your student ID which you will need to log onto the Accommodation portal.
Reserving your room
Because you do not have your final results, you will need to ‘reserve’ your room. Please visit the Accommodation team in Melbury House, from Tuesday 22 May with your room preferences. You will need to pay a £400 holding fee during this visit so that accommodation can be secured for you. We accept most major bank cards.
The deadline to do this is 16:30 on Friday 27 July – after this date we cannot guarantee your accommodation.
Please note, the £400 holding fee is not a deposit; the payment is used to secure your room.
- Once you have passed your Pathway course, your room will be automatically confirmed and an email will be sent to you with further instructions.
- If you fail your exam and then pass your re-sit exam, a room will still be reserved for you.
- If you fail your re-sit exams or decide to book accommodation elsewhere, you will lose the £400 holding fee.
- If you book a room in one of our partner residences you will need to wait until you hear from them direct (up to five days) in order to pay the deposit.
- Once you have paid the deposit you will need to come into the Accommodation Office and provide proof of this and the £400 will then be refunded back to the card you used for the original payment.
- See the price guide (pdf 155kb) for more information about which residences require a UK Guarantor and the amount of money that you will need to pay to secure the room.
Arrivals weekend is Saturday 15 September and Sunday 16 September.
You will not be able to move in any earlier than the above dates so you will need to find temporary accommodation if your current accommodation ends before the arrivals weekend. Please contact the Accommodation office if you would like to see a list of homestay options.
If you have any questions about the booking process or accommodation at Bournemouth University in general, please contact us at [email protected] or call 01202 961671. Our address is: Accommodation Office, Ground Floor Melbury House, 1-3 Oxford Road, Bournemouth, BH8 8ES.