Terms & Conditions
This online payment system is provided by Bournemouth University Higher Education Corporation with charitable status (the University) and its third party suppliers (each a Service Provider). The University may update these terms from time to time and any changes will be effective immediately on being set out here. The country of domicile for the University is the United Kingdom.
Please ensure you read the current terms carefully before using the online payment facility. Using the online payment facility on this website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms please do not use this facility.
All payments are subject to the following conditions:-
- The description of goods or services are specific to you (i.e. Programme Name, start and end date etc.) when you log in with your unique password. Normally payment is required in advance (i.e. before you commence your programme). Payments are exempt from value added tax (VAT).
- All fees quoted are in GBP - UK pound Sterling. Any currency conversion costs or other charges or costs incurred by you when making a payment or in processing a refund, shall be borne by you and shall not be deducted from any fees payable to the University.
- While the University tries to ensure the information contained within the online payment facility in respect of any Fees due is accurate at the time it was published, we do not warrant that this is the case. If there is an error in such information, the University’s Finance Department will notify the Student promptly upon becoming aware of the error. The correct Fee will be payable by the Student where any such error is obvious or unmistakeable.
- Alternatively, the Student may cancel the contract with the University or withdraw from their Programme, as appropriate, and receive a refund in accordance with the Refund Policy set out below.
- Your payment will normally reach the University account to which you are making a payment within three working days.
- We cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the correct University account due to you quoting an incorrect account number or incorrect personal details. Neither can we accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the credit/debit card supplier for any reason.
- If the card supplier declines payment the University is under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. You should check with your bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from your account.
- Every effort is made to keep the online payment facility up and running smoothly. However, the University takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the online payment facility being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- This website will include links to other websites which are not under the control of the University. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The University takes no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered as a result of using the linked websites or as a result of using information published on any of the pages of the linked website.
- In no event will the University be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from your use of the online payment facility.
- Nothing in these terms will limit the University’s liability for death or personal injury caused by the University’s negligence or fraud.
- If the Student cancels their contract with the University or if the Student leaves the University before they complete their Programme, any entitlement to a refund of Tuition Fees or any deposit paid by the Student will be made in line with the University Fees Policy prevailing at any time the Student leaves or cancels their contract.
- Such refunds only apply to the Tuition Fees paid in respect of the Academic Year in which the Student leaves. For the avoidance of doubt nothing in these terms shall require the University to refund the Fees (including deposits) (or part thereof) unless such Fees (or part thereof) have previously been paid.
- Refunds, if applicable, will only be made to the debit/credit card used for the original transaction.
All payment details which are entered through the online payment facility are encrypted when the Student, or third party making payment, enters them. Communications to and from the Service Provider's site are encrypted.
The University shall not be liable for any failure by the Student or third party making payment of Fees to properly protect data from being seen on their screen by other persons or otherwise obtained by such persons, during the online payment process or in respect of any omission to provide accurate information in the course of the online payment process.
Online payments of Fees can be made by credit or debit card. These payments are not collected by the University directly but by a Service Provider.
Once payment is received by the Service Provider in cleared funds, the Service Provider will contact the University to confirm the details of the successful payment made by the Student, or third party making payment. On receipt of this confirmation the University will confirm to the Student that the payment has been received and accepted by the University. In the event that the Student does not receive confirmation within 14 days of making the payment it is the responsibility of the Student to check with the University that the payment has been accepted.
The Student shall remain responsible for the Fees until such time as the confirmation as referred to above is received from the University in relation to each Fee paid using the online payment facility.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.