Alumni of the Year Awards 2021
The BU Alumni of the Year Awards recognise and celebrate the achievements of BU’s graduates.
Award categories support the university’s stated purpose to “Inspire Learning, Advance Knowledge and Enrich Society”.
Nominations for the awards can be made by BU staff, as well as by BU graduates.
Through the awards we aim to recognise graduates who reflect the diversity of BU’s student and alumni communities. We therefore welcome nominations of alumni from under-represented groups and are also keen to hear how nominees have reflected and demonstrated BU’s value of Inclusivity in their careers.
Inspiring Learning Award – designed to recognise alumni who use their knowledge and experiences to inspire others through education or professional development.
Advancing Knowledge Award – designed to recognise alumni who lead change in their industry or sector through creativity and innovation.
Enriching Society Award – designed to recognise alumni who make a positive impact on the challenges facing society.
The awards will close on 17th May 2021 and the winners will be announced this summer.
Lisa Ward – Enriching Society Award winner
Francis Annan – Inspiring Learning Award winner
Russ Taplin – Inspiring Learning Award winner
Dr Connie Wilson – Advancing Knowledge Award winner
Jo Lake – Outstanding Midwife Award winner
- Bournemouth University staff and alumni can nominate members of our alumni community for an award.
- An individual can nominate any number of alumni.
- Nominations can be made in respect of BU alumni based in the UK or overseas.
- The aims of the competition and criteria are referenced on the web page and nomination form.
- We will seek to award one winner per category, but reserve the right to choose more than one category winner.
- The 2021 competition opens on TBC and closes on TBC at 5pm.
- You must have the permission of the person you are nominating and ensure that they will be happy to feature in online publicity in the event they are chosen as a winner.
- By making a nomination, you give the university permission to use the content you have provided on our website, in social media and emails and in publicity and marketing materials.
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by the university. The decision of the panel is final and we will not enter into correspondence with regards to the decision of the panel.
- The winners, and those who nominated them, will be informed directly before any announcements are made. If in the event a winner does not wish to accept the award, or has opted out of any contact from the alumni office, the university reserves the right to choose and notify the next-placed runner up.
- There is no financial element to the award prize.
- The university reserves the right to cancel the competition or amend the rules at any time, without prior notice.
- By making a submission, you consent to the data you provide being used by the university for the purposes of administering the competition, and in line with BU’s data protection policy. The Alumni Relations Team will also record all nominations against the nominee’s records on the alumni database for future reference.
- The university accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, or for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures.