Why study BA (Hons) Marketing Communications with Public Relations at BU?
- Hone your skills in strategic public relations management, crisis communication, influencer relations and event management.
- Equip yourself to enter a variety of potential careers based on your knowledge and expertise in managing stakeholder relationships and organisational reputation. 90% of our Marketing Communication graduates were in employment of further study within 15 months of finishing their studies
- Work on live briefs set by industry for unit assessments and learn from professionals who deliver guest lectures and workshops every year
- Co-create academic and professional research with staff including consultancy projects for industry clients
- At the end of your first year you can choose which Marketing Communications course best suits you and your career interests
- Complete a work placement anywhere in the world, giving you the chance to put theory into practice, make great career contacts and bolster your blossoming CV.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
BU is an Accredited Teaching Centre of the UK’s professional public relations industry body, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR). Being accredited distinguishes our public relations degree in industry as leading in the field. This partnership gives you an opportunity to obtain a practice focused certificate in public relations during your time at BU.
BU is also a Strategic Partner of The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) – the world’s leading professional marketing body. Our partnership gives you the opportunity to gain professional qualifications through the CIM Graduate Gateway.
Take a glimpse at life on Talbot Campus
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time including a 30-week placement. Foundation year: 5 years full-time including a 30-week placement
Chartered Institute of Public Relations
All subjects considered
International entry requirements:
For September 2023 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in all components of writing, speaking, listening and reading, or equivalent. For more information, check out our international entry requirements.