To mark Speak Week, we're sharing a series of 'You Said, This Happened' articles to show you that your voice can make a difference on the bigger things at BU as well as at a course or unit level....
"Students told us they were having to queue for the U1 bus at peak times, sometimes unable to get a seat and – especially in the evening – not able to get on the timetabled bus they’d planned. We also received feedback that students were having to pay to travel to Talbot Campus at the weekends, or from Winton to Lansdowne, as they couldn’t use their annual key card on the buses available."
- Richard Wintrip, BU Travel Plan Co-ordinator
BU’s new fleet of branded double decker buses took to the roads this September with a host of new benefits:
- Increased U1 frequency during vacation periods
- Increased frequency of the U1 buses during peak periods to reduce waiting times
- Key card access to a new 7-day-a-week 17 bus route, connecting the Talbot and Lansdowne Campuses, Winton and stopping at Bournemouth Rail Station
- Free Wifi and USB charging points
- A 10% saving on bus travel in morebus zones AB & ABC
- The opportunity to buy an annual bus pass, giving unlimited travel on all UNIBUS services and morebus zone A network
This fleet is also the most environmentally friendly buses the university has commissioned to date, with low carbon emissions and some of the most advanced technology to reduce emissions and improve fuel economy.
Unibus carried out a customer survey of the new bus service in October which found 99% satisfaction from users of the new service, which includes students, staff and the general public. Find out more here.
Find out more about BU's UNIBUS service.
For more information about Student Feedback at BU, and to share feedback about anything that’s important to you visit our Student Feedback pages.