ResLifeBU are looking for nine passionate new live-in Resident Assistants to join our team for the 2023/24 year ahead!
This role will involve helping provide a lively, friendly and supportive community in the student halls through running activities and events within the university calendar year. You will help enrich the student experience; help us to reach diverse student groups; encourage involvement and participation and motivate students to meet new people.
This is a part-time, fixed-term role, from September 2023 to June 2024, at £11.98 per hour.
Main responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Contribute to the implementation of an activity/events programme for students living in BU accommodation increasing participation, scale and quantity of activities/events being run. Events include taking students on excursions to the Jurassic coast, organising live music nights and celebration events at key times such as Halloween, Diwali, Christmas and Easter and so much more!
- Promote and market all activities/events being run through various advertisement campaigns e.g. leafleting, maintaining notice boards and word of mouth, ensuring enhanced awareness of the ResLife programme.
- Encourage students living in the community to develop good relations with their neighbours through networking and socialising. With all students forming improved bonds and connections through being a recognised and friendly person for students to approach.
Skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications required to be successful:
- Understanding of issues, especially those related to communal living, which can impact upon students
- A full time undergraduate/postgraduate student at BU
- Mature outlook, reliable and flexible
- Ability to role model defined and expected standards of behaviour
- Although desirable, no events management experience is needed, as full training will be provided; what we are looking for most are interpersonal skills.
How to apply
To apply, please email both your CV and a short covering letter (800 words maximum) to [email protected].
Included in this covering letter should be an explanation as to both why you have applied for this role and the hall in which you are interested in working in. Furthermore, you must include why you believe you are the right person to succeed based upon the job description and person specification. Once submitted, you may be selected for an initial stage one phone interview; if successful at stage one, you will be invited to a second interview at the university.
You can download the job description and person specification for full details. Alternatively, if you'd like to have an informal chat about the role please call 01202 961133 (24 hour answerphone) quoting the appropriate reference 502275.
BU values and is committed to an inclusive working environment. We seek a diverse community through attracting, developing and retaining staff from different backgrounds to contribute to inspirational learning, advancing knowledge and enriching society. To support and enable our staff to achieve a balance between work and their personal lives, we will also consider proposals for flexible working or job share arrangements.
Closing date: Tuesday 28 February 2023, 12:00pm
Interview date: To be discussed at stage one phone interview.