Why study BA (Hons) Business & Management (Finance) at BU?
- You’ll develop a good understanding of the economic, qualitative and quantitative techniques and ideas used to analyse and solve business problems in a global marketplace
- Opportunities to study abroad at one of our international partner institutions
- Study a diverse subject that provides a stepping-stone to work in any industry, anywhere in the world
- Complete an optional 30-week placement, giving you invaluable opportunities to gain industry experience and build a professional network
- Study at a university with over 35 years’ teaching experience in this area, excellent industry connections and an international reputation - 85% of graduates said staff are good at explaining things
- You'll be career-ready with 95% of our graduates in employment or further studies, fifteen months after graduating.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the business and management skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree. If you apply to study the full degree and do not meet the academic entry requirements, our admissions team may consider your application for the Foundation Year and notify you accordingly.
The accrediting bodies on our BA (Hons) Business & Management (Finance) course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which is reflected in the Bournemouth University Business School experience:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation is a hallmark of excellence that has been awarded to fewer than 6% of business schools worldwide
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI) accreditation gives you complimentary CMI student membership (and access to resources and services) and when you graduate, you’ll receive a CMI L5 Certificate in Management and Leadership qualification in addition to your Bachelor’s degree.
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) accreditation offers some exemptions from exams required to become a Chartered Accountant.
- Bournemouth University is recognised as an Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) Partner in Learning, working with ICAEW in the professional development of students. This allows our graduates to apply for exemption from up to 5 of the 15 exams which are required to obtain its prestigious ACA qualification.
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
September 2023, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement. Foundation Year: 4 years full-time, or 5 years full-time with a minimum 30-week work placement
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Chartered Management Institute (CMI), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
All subjects considered