Why study BA (Hons) Marketing Communications with Advertising at BU?
- Develop specific knowledge and skills in advertising, including branding, creative, media planning and strategy
- Learn how to develop strategic responses to advertising and marketing communications problems
- Work on live briefs set by industry for unit assessments and learn from professionals who deliver guest lectures and workshops every year
- Co-create academic and professional research with staff including consultancy projects for industry clients
- 90% of our students who study Marketing Communications courses are working or studying 15 months after graduating.
- Complete a work placement anywhere in the world, giving you the chance to put theory into practice, make great career contacts and bolster your blossoming CV.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
Graduate with a BU degree and more
BU is a Strategic Partner of The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) – the world’s leading professional marketing body. Our partnership gives you the opportunity to gain professional qualifications through the CIM Graduate Gateway.
During your second year you'll also have the opportunity to take the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising (IPA) Foundation Certificate. The IPA has a well-earned reputation for thought leadership, best practice and continuous professional development in the advertising industry.
Take a glimpse at life on Talbot Campus
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time including a 30-week placement. Foundation year: 5 years full-time including a 30-week placement
All subjects considered
For September 2022 and September 2023 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For September 2022 and September 2023 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in all components of writing, speaking, listening and reading, or equivalent. For more information, check out our international entry requirements.