Why study BA (Hons) Marketing Communications at BU?
- You’ll be career-ready with 95% of our graduates in employment or further study after 15 months. 90% of our students were employed in a professional or managerial position within 15 months.
- Develop a critical understanding of integrated marketing communications that will enable you to adapt to a variety of roles in the industry
- Work on live briefs set by industry for unit assessments and learn from professionals who deliver guest lectures and workshops every year
- Co-create academic and professional research with staff including consultancy projects for industry clients
- At the end of your first year you can choose which Marketing Communications course best suits you and your career interests
- Complete a work placement anywhere in the world, giving you the chance to put theory into practice, make great career contacts and bolster your blossoming CV.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
Graduate with a BU degree and more
BU is a Strategic Partner of The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) – the world’s leading professional marketing body. Our partnership gives you the opportunity to gain professional qualifications through the CIM Graduate Gateway.
As a BU Marketing Communications student you'll also have the opportunity to organise the annual Mike Warne Event in your final year. This is the only student-organised event in the CIM’s national event programme, bringing together leaders in the industry.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2022, September 2023
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
4 years full-time including a 30-week placement. Foundation year: 5 years full-time including a 30-week placement
All subjects considered
For September 2022 and September 2023 entry: UCAS 104 - 120 tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For September 2022 and September 2023 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component of writing, speaking, listening and reading, or equivalent. For more information, check out our international entry requirements.