Why study LLB (Hons) Law at BU?
- Learn the fundamentals of law as well as the legal skills needed to work effectively with legal sources (case law and legislation)
- Tailor your degree from your second year, selecting units to suit your interests and preferred career path
- Undertake a 30-week work placement which, if it meets the necessary criteria, can count towards a portion of your training contract or qualifying work experience after you graduate. You'll be career ready with 95% of our graduates in employment or completing further study after 15 months.
- Choose between two pathways in your final year, depending on whether you intend to become a solicitor or prefer to keep your career options open
- Join the Law Society where you can network, socialise, support charity work and, in turn, enhance your CV
- Benefit from field trips, guest lectures and gain practical experience by taking part in Moot Courts and Moot Show Trials.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
See what it's like to study LLB (Hons) Law with us
Next start date:
September 2023, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time or 4 years full-time including an optional 30-week placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time or 5 years full-time including an optional 30-week placement
All subjects considered
For September 2023 and September 2024 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
International entry requirements:
For September 2023 and September 2024 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each component or equivalent. For more information check out our International entry requirements.