Why study MEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering at BU?
- As well as giving you a solid grounding in engineering, the course provides an inspirational insight into emerging technologies within the sector and how to apply them to real-world situations
- Learn from industry-seasoned academics, practitioners, and guest speakers
- You’ll have access to the state-of-the-art Innovation Centre, a designated space for Design and Engineering students
- Take part in a career-affirming minimum 30-week period in a work placement, helping you to make contacts and boost your potential within the profession
- Exhibit your work at the Festival of Design & Engineering, one of BU’s longest-running events, giving the public and potential employers an insight into your work.
- You'll be career-ready with 85% of graduates from our engineering courses in employment or further study after 15 months.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the engineering and technology skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
Design & Engineering facilities tour
The MEng (Hons) Mechnical Engineering degree is accredited by Institution of Engineering Designers (IED) and Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) to fully meet the exemplifying academic benchmark requirements for registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng). The Foundation Year is not accredited.
See what it's like to study on this course
Next start date:
September 2023, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
MEng (Hons) 5 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement or 4 years full-time. You will be enrolled onto the 5-year degree, but can opt out of the placement year. Foundation year: 6 years full-time with a 30-week placement or 5 years full-time.
Institution of Engineering Designers (IED) and Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
Mathematics, and a Science or Technology subject
For September 2023 entry: 104 - 120 tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels in required subjects, or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma DMM in a required subject. T-Level: Merit (120 UCAS tariff points) in a required subject. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points.For more information check out our full entry requirements.