The BU accommodation portfolio is made up of several accommodation providers, including BU, each with their own safety teams and protocols. If your accommodation is not listed within the BU portfolio you will need to contact your provider directly to discuss this matter.
BU and its accommodation partners all follow the most up-to-date UK Government advice. For more information on what that is please read the GOV.UK website.
As part of the latest GOVT guidance, the College and University Business Officers (CUBO) and the Universities Safety and Health Association (USHA) have jointly issued a checklist for students living in shared accommodation to help minimise the risk of coronavirus transmission. This checklist includes practical advice on cleaning, food hygiene, and visitors among other aspects of co-living. This guidance also provides advice on how to minimise transmission within shared accommodation, where someone has suspected symptoms or tests positive. Download USHA /CUBO Checklist (pdf 130kb)
Measures across all BU portfolio sites:
- During the BU accommodation booking process, we have introduced a question to ask if you would consider yourself either Clinically Vulnerable or Clinically Extremely Vulnerable. This is to ensure we are aware of any underlying reasons you might be at a higher level of risk and how we can best support you if required.
- Single occupancy flats, shared flats and houses will all be classified as a “household” for the sake of any future government restrictions that might be relevant.
- Students arriving into the UK from countries which are not on the government's red list and are not fully vaccinated will need to isolate on their arrival under current guidance. Visit the GOV.UK website for details of what to do.
- Students who need to isolate in their student accommodation will be supplied with bedding, kitchen and food essentials packs and then supported during the period of isolation. For further information, please view the GOVT.UK website for further details on what you need to do.
- We are requesting that during arrival and move-in to the accommodation you limit the number of persons to the student +1 other
- Paperless check-in procedure to reduce the need for physical contact
- A request for the continued use of face coverings/masks whilst in communal areas*
- Safety screens and/or physical distancing at all main reception desks*
- Hand sanitisers available at main reception desks and around the accommodation*
- Cleaning of communal “touchpoints” throughout the accommodation*
- Lifts (where available) being limited to the number of persons using them at any given time*
- General physical distancing and Covid-19 safety information and posters around the accommodation
- Isolation protocols and support in place from the local accommodation team and BU in the event that a student is required to self-isolate
Expectations of students while living in the accommodation:
- Every individual will have a responsibility to ensure they don’t arrive at their accommodation with Covid-19 symptoms and will postpone their arrival until it is deemed safe to do so, in accordance with any government health guidance at the time. Visit the NHS website for further information on how to check if you have Covid-19 symptoms
- Each individual shared flat/house or studio flat is classified as a “household” and the residents will need to comply with government and university guidance should any member of the household be required to isolate.
- Students will need to inform their accommodation provider and BU (email: email@example.com)
immediately if they are required to isolate, in order that the relevant actions and support can be put in place
- Residents of each household will be expected to support one another in the event that one or more members of their household are required to isolate, e.g. planning the use and appropriate cleaning of the kitchen and other communal areas, buying and supplying food and other essentials on behalf of a resident who is isolating
- Students are to follow all other local guidance and safety protocols put in place by their accommodation provider (see drop-downs below).
* Not applicable for Unilet (see drop down below for further information)