We are committed to sustainable travel and we encourage all our staff, students and visitors to consider alternatives to driving. There are excellent local buses, including our very own Unibus, which provides a very easy service between our campus locations. The Lansdowne Campus is also close to Bournemouth train station.
There is no student parking at the Lansdowne Campus.
If you are visiting and you have to travel by car, please consider where you are going to park before you set off. If you are attending a university Open Day, you will be sent details of any pre-booked park and ride/parking options when you register.
Local council car parking is available in Bournemouth. The area is well served by public (pay and display) car parks within easy walking distance of all university buildings.
If you need to park at Lansdowne Campus, please contact the department or staff member you are visiting, as pre-booking is essential for all visitor and event parking due to limited availability.
Our Lansdowne Campus can be easily reached via the A338 (also known as the Wessex Way), the main road into (and through) Bournemouth when travelling from destinations north and east of us.
To reach Lansdowne from the A338, leave at the junction marked ‘Travel Interchange’ onto St Paul’s Road; the train station is on the left here. When you reach Station Roundabout:
- Take the fourth exit (coming back in the opposite direction) to reach the Bournemouth Gateway Building and exit onto Oxford Road on the left, then take the first right onto St Paul’s Lane
- Take the third exit to reach Holdenhurst Road, where the Executive Business Centre and Old Fire Station are based; Studland House is a left-turn at the subsequent roundabout onto Christchurch Road
If you’re travelling from the west, follow the directions to Talbot Campus, but proceed past the university on the A3049 (this becomes Talbot Avenue). Next, continue straight at the roundabout (second exit) onto Wimborne Road (A347), then proceed straight at the crossroad junction onto Lansdowne Road (B3064). At the first roundabout, take the first exit – Oxford Road – for the Bournemouth Gateway Building.
For satnav users, the postcodes vary by building on our Lansdowne Campus as follows:
- Bournemouth Gateway Building: BH8 8GP
- Executive Business Centre: BH8 8EB
- The Old Fire Station: BH8 8AD
- Studland House: BH1 3NA