Head of Department
- Dr Fred Charles - Artificial Intelligence techniques applied to Computer Entertainment applying AI, Multimodal Interaction and Virtual Reality: artificial intelligence, human-computer interaction, virtual reality, augmented reality, affective computing, brain-computer interfaces, multimodal interfaces, games technology, games engines, serious games, AI planning, intelligent virtual agents, interactive storytelling.
Deputy Heads of Department
- Dr Vedad Hulusic - computer graphics, serious games, cultural heritage, virtual museums, high dynamic range imaging, image and video quality assessment, visual perception and attention, image processing, and cross-modal interaction in which I have been a published author.
- Dr Leigh McLoughlin - Computer graphics, rendering and simulation of natural phenomena, interactive geometric modelling, 3D printing, accessible user interfaces.
- Dr Panos Amelidis - Digital Composition and DSP; Sound design for film; Constructions of storytelling in music; Use of archival recordings in the creation of sound art; Interactive installations; Analytical approaches to audio-only games; Pedagogy of music technology.
- Dr Jon Cobb - Biomedical engineering and artificial intelligence
- Dr Thomas Davis - Sonic Art; Algorithmic Composition (especially Complexity and Alife approaches); Instrument building; Technologically-mediated Improvisation; Enaction, Embodiment and Participation in Music as Practice and situations that examine the interface between music and technology.
- Dr Jose Fonseca - Computer animation, 3D and 3D character animation, 3D modelling and texturing, character body expression, concept art.
- Dr Christos Gatzidis - Real-time computer graphics, games technology, games development, game engines, virtual/augmented realities, virtual worlds, serious games, games for assistive technologies.
- Darrell Gibson - computer-based musician, composer and sound designer. Audio programmer using a wide range to technologies for composition, synthesis and production.
- Dr Glyn Hadley - 3D modelling and digital sculpting using Autodesk Maya and Pixologic ZBrush.
- Dr Charlie Hargood - Narrative Systems, Hypertext and Hypermedia, Interactive Storytelling, Game Design, Game Development, Game Technology, Ubiquitous and Pervasive Computing, Computational Narrative Models, Location Aware Narrative, Digital Storytelling, Web Applications, Multimedia Systems.
- Dr Karsten Pedersen - 3D rendering (OpenGL, Vulkan, CPU), C/C++ Programming, Game Engine Development, Digital Preservation, Reverse Engineering (x86 ASM), 3D Graphics Streaming, UNIX/Linux, Cross-compiling / Games Console / Mobile Development, Game Engines (Unity, UE4), Network Development (POSIX/Winsock).
- Dr Simant Prakoonwit - 3D computer graphics, computer vision, virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), artificial life, serious games, algorithms for computer games, VR and human-computer-interaction, visualisation, 3D reconstruction, 3D modelling, 3D imaging, stereo/multi-view imaging and reconstruction, X-ray scanner/inspection/screening, computer tomography (CT), security X-ray imaging, security image processing, medical image processing, 3D medical imaging, object recognition, vehicle recognition, visual odometer, biological/medical simulation, biomedical engineering, human airways modelling and simulation
- Clive Radford - Music production, songwriting and performance (guitar). Composition and arranging, studio techniques, production techniques, and synthesis and effects. Popular music and social, economic and cultural practice.
- Dr Ambrose Seddon - Electroacoustic composition, sonic arts, music production, analysis of electroacoustic music. Electroacoustic composition and concert performance, sonic arts practice. Teaching composing using technology, creative music technology, production techniques.
- Alain Simons - Computer graphics, Open GL, 3D modelling and texturing, animation, games technology, game engine (Unity3D), games producer.
- Prof Wen Tang - Real time visual computing systems that enable compelling immersion; integration of visual, interaction and intelligent visual computing applications; design and authoring tools for constructing complex physics scenes; haptics for high-fidelity interactive environments; high-fidelity interactive physically-based animations.
- Prof Feng Tian - Computer graphics, computer animation, computer games, augmented reality, image processing, human computer interaction.
- Andrew Watson - Embedded systems, analogue and digital systems design and interfacing, microprocessor and microcontroller system design, software engineering and software programming (high level C / C++ and others, low level assembler) and real time software.
- Dr Huiwen Zhao - User experience design and evaluation, interactive storytelling, game narrative, interaction design, user interface design, usability.
- Pete Allen - videogame development and design, creation of gameplay mechanics, realistic materials for 3D models, use of multi-media in education, use of realtime technologies for interactive research projects.
- Dan Pierson - Demonstrator in music technologies
- Michael Smith - Demonstrator in creative and games technology
- Will Vine - Senior Technician