No matter how many exams you’ve sat before, it can be a pressured time, so here’s some handy advice on things to do – and not to do – this exam season.
- Revise, relax and recuperate between each exam
- Check your exam timetable before every exam in case there’s a late room change
- Take your BU Student ID Card with you – contact AskBU now if you have lost yours
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early to give yourself time to focus
- Take time to fill in your details correctly
- Read each question carefully before you start
- Be considerate of others in the exam e.g. don’t tap your pen!
- Be noisy around campus when you’re not sitting an exam
- Ignore the announcements at the start as you might miss something important
- Take electronic devices – phones, tablets and laptops should be switched off during exams and left in your bag or as instructed by the Invigilator - if you are found in possession of any devices you will have to leave the exam and will not be readmitted
Check out our tips on preparing for exams, including where to find study spaces on campus, as well as support services if you're feeling stressed.