In a competitive graduate recruitment market, the Careers & Employability Service recognises that it’s important that all BU students continue to have access to careers support, and in particular the use of MyCareerHub, whether you are still living in the local area or have moved away after you have left BU.
Continuous access to MyCareerHub
You can continue to access MyCareerHub as a BU alumni (*for up to three years from when your course ends) and all the online tools and resources that the system has to offer including:
- The latest graduate job vacancies
- Careers advisor appointments
- CareersBU webinars
- Career assessment tools
- CV and job application tools and resources
- Recordings of past CareersBU webinars.
How to access MyCareerHub as a recent BU graduate/alumni
Your BU email account is still active *for three years from when your course ended, and so you can continue to access MyCareerHub with your BU username and password just as you were doing as a current student.
If you have any *issues with logging onto the system with your BU credentials then please contact the IT Service Desk online or call 01202 965515 or freephone 0808 196 2332.
- NB: If you have forgotten your BU password you can reset it via the self-service password reset tool
- NB: If you haven't used your BU email account for six months, then it will be disabled due to inactivity, and you will need to re-activate it by registering for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) if you haven't already and reset your BU password via the self-service password reset tool. Check the full instructions on the registration process for MFA and resetting your BU password.
If you have any issues or questions about the registration process or resetting your BU password, please contact the IT Service Desk.
If you previously set up separate Abintegro/MCH graduate accounts, the login credentials for these will no longer work and you just need to enter your BU username and BU password on the MyCareerHub login page or follow the instructions above for re-activating your BU email account (if this applies) to gain access to the system.
Careers support beyond three years
While MyCareerHub is only available to recent graduates (up to three years from when your course ends), you can still access lifetime careers support for free from our careers advisor team via 1:1 appointments. Just email [email protected] to request either a face to face, virtual or telephone appointment.
Join the BU alumni community
As a BU graduate you are joining an alumni community of more than 80,000 people located across more than 150 countries around the world. Membership of the alumni association is free, but to stay connected and receive information about events, offers, news and awards, you will need to register. Update your details via the online form and find out more about alumni volunteering, support and events via the website.
Alumni Future Series - a collaboration between SUBU and BU to help final-year students make a smooth transition from studying to employment - or whatever comes next. Hear from alumni and BU staff for tips and advice on your next steps after graduation.