Be confident about planning for your future.
If you’re graduating this year and would like some help with your next steps, join our CareersBU team to find out more about:
- Personalised careers guidance and resources
- Advice on job hunting
- Identifying and promoting your skills
- The benefits of graduate networks
- Opportunities for further study
- Looking after your wellbeing.
You’ll have the opportunity to book a 1:1 with a Careers Adviser, watch online webinars tailored specifically to final year students, including Q&A sessions, and access online tools and resources.
Tailored careers webinars
From the 21 June - 2 July 2021, the Careers team hosted a number of short online *webinars tailored specifically at final year students. You can now watch the recorded webinars on demand, which will equip you with the essential info you need to make confident decisions about planning for your next steps and transitioning from study to the workplace.
The Focus on your Future webinars on offer include:
- Virtual internships - what to do if you have no work experience
- Preparing for graduate schemes
- Creating a positive career mindset
- Personal statements for postgraduate study
- Developing your professional network
- Career options during a pandemic
- Presenting your skills for a successful career
- Staying local - opportunities in the South West.
Check out the recorded webinars via MyCareerHub.
*Our programme of careers webinars will be continuing throughout the summer vacation and beyond as part of our Work It! programme of events which you will still have access to as a graduate (up to 3 years after your course ends). So do check the events area of MyCareerHub regularly for updates and how to book.
Personalised advice and guidance
Want to chat with a Careers Adviser on a 1:1 basis to get tailored careers advice and guidance that's right for you? Book a *web/telephone or face to face appointment as many times as you need via MyCareerHub.
*you can still book appointments during the summer and beyond (up to 3 years after your course ends).
Continuous access to MyCareerHub
You can continue to access MyCareerHub as a *BU graduate (up to 3 years after your course ends) and all the online tools and resources that the system has to offer including:
- Specialised graduate careers support page
- Career assessment tools
- Latest job hunting resources and vacancies
- CV and job application tools and resources
- Interviews and recruitment test tools and resources
- Recordings of past BU careers job hunting and application webinars.
*Please note: The way you login to MyCareerHub as a BU leaver is changing during June and beyond. If you are struggling to access any of the links above after this time, please follow these instructions to create graduate accounts as your BU password will no longer work, or contact email@example.com for assistance.
Join the BU alumni community
Find out more about our BU alumni community, including the mentoring scheme and the BU Alumni of the Year Awards. Head over to the Alumni website to register and stay connected for alumni news, exclusive benefits and event invitations.