Why study BA (Hons) Business and Management at BU?
- Flexibility to achieve your ambitions – start with a strong foundation in business and management in your first year, then tailor your learning (depending on what your interests are) with a specialist pathway*
- Opportunities to study abroad in your second year at one of BU’s international partner institutions in Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Turkey or the United States
- Study a diverse subject that provides a stepping stone to work in any industry, anywhere in the world
- Complete an optional 30-week placement, giving you invaluable opportunities to gain industry experience and build a professional network
- Study at a university with over 35 years of teaching experience in this area, excellent industry connections and an international reputation
- You'll be career-ready with 92% of our graduates in employment or further studies, fifteen months after graduating.
*Selected at the end of your second year (with the exception of Economics and Finance pathways): see our subject area page for further details about each pathway.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in Business & Management, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
The accrediting bodies on this course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which is reflected in the BU Business School experience:
- Our Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation is a hallmark of excellence that has been awarded to fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide
- Our Chartered Management Institution (CMI) accreditation gives you complimentary CMI student membership (and access to resources and services) and means that when you graduate, you’ll receive a CMI leadership and management qualification in addition to your Bachelor's degree
- The Marketing pathway of this course is also accredited by the Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM), Europe’s leading training and qualifications organisation for the digital, direct and data profession.
Chat with a student from this course
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
September 2021, September 2022
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement. Foundation year: 4 years full-time or 5 years with a 30-week minimum placement
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Chartered Management Institute (CMI), Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM) - Marketing pathway only
All subjects considered
For September 2021 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.