Why study BA (Hons) Business & Management at BU?
- Flexibility to achieve your ambitions – start with a strong foundation in business & management in your first year, then tailor your learning (depending on what your interests are) with a specialist pathway*
- Opportunities to study abroad at one of our international partner institutions
- Study a diverse subject that provides a stepping stone to work in any industry, anywhere in the world
- Complete an optional 30-week placement, giving you invaluable opportunities to gain industry experience and build a professional network
- Study at a university with over 35 years of teaching experience in this area, excellent industry connections and an international reputation
- You'll be career-ready with 95% of our graduates in employment or further studies, fifteen months after graduating.
*Selected at the end of your second year (with the exception of Economics and Finance pathways): see our subject area page for further details about each pathway.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in Business & Management, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree.
The accrediting bodies on this course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which are reflected in the BU Business School experience:
- Our Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation is a hallmark of excellence that has been awarded to fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide
- Our Chartered Management Institute (CMI) accreditation gives you complimentary CMI student membership (and access to resources and services) and means that when you graduate, you’ll receive a CMI leadership and management qualification in addition to your Bachelor's degree
Business & Management (Marketing) pathway only:
- Bournemouth University is a Strategic Partner with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), which means you can gain CIM professional qualifications as well as exemptions towards a CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing
- Accredited by the Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM), Europe’s leading training and qualifications organisation for the digital, direct and data profession.
Business & Management (Finance) pathway only:
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) accreditation offers some exemptions from exams required to become a Chartered Accountant.
Discover more about the BU Business School and explore our campus
Next start date:
September 2023, September 2024
Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus
3 years full-time or 4 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement. Foundation Year: 4 years full-time or 5 years full-time with a 30-week minimum placement
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Chartered Management Institute (CMI). Marketing pathway only – IDM, CIM, Finance pathway only - ACCA
All subjects considered
For September 2023 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. Foundation Year: 48-72 UCAS tariff points. For more information check out our full entry requirements.